Are you a procrastinator or a go-getter?
I came across a Facebook status today and it asked: “What’s a commitment you’re making to yourself this week?”
Immediately, my reply was: “To stop procrastinating and get sh** done.”
See, I’ve always been a very great procrastinator — a certified procrastinator if you will (just kidding, but also very serious).
Ever since I was in school I’ve always waited until the last minute to begin a project and/or finish a worksheet. I can remember sitting in my first-hour class trying to finish a worksheet for my 3rd-hour class. Of course, my teacher’s favorite line was “You had all night to do this worksheet.” And she was absolutely right, I did have ALL NIGHT to finish the worksheet, my procrastination had got the best of me.
Don’t be like me though — do what you have to do.15 Motivational Quotes to Stop Procrastination and Get Sh** Done Click To Tweet
Since we are on the topic of procrastination and I know how much we all love motivational quotes…
Here are 15 motivational quotes that’ll make you want to get your sh** together and STOP procrastinating…
1. “Procrastination is the thief of all dreams“ – Unknown
2. “The fact that you aren’t where you want to be, should be enough motivation.“ – Unknown
3. “The activity you’re most avoiding contains your biggest opportunity.”– Robin Sharma
4.“Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”– Wayne Gretzky
5. “There are only two options: make progress or make excuses.” – Unknown
6. “A year from now you will have will wish you had started today.” –Karen Lamb
7. “A dream does not become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination, and hard work.“ – Colin Powell
8. “Success usually come to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – H.D. Thoreau
9. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.“ – John C. Maxwell
10. “Procrastination is the foundation of all disasters.“ – Pandora Poikilos
11. “You must tell yourself, “No matter how hard it is or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.“ – Les Brown
12. “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” – Unknown
13.“The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.” – Unknown
14. “Everday you wait is another day you won’t get back.” – Unknown
15.“A day has enough hours, you just have too many excuses.” – Unknown
Basically, procrastination can just put you in a spot that you’d rather not be in. So, I hope these motivational quotes lit a spark for you.
I can admit that procrastination can and WILL delay your dreams and we all know how frustrating and discouraging that can be. (Here’s a post: What is Stopping You From Fulfilling Your Dreams?)
Want to know how to stop procrastinating?
I have 4 easy ways that’ll help you get your sh** together. (This is also a note to myself because I sometimes catch myself putting things off.)
- Wake up earlier :
I understand that you may not be a morning person — trust me, you’re NOT alone. However, I feel as though when I do wake up earlier I’m more energized and have more time in the day to do what I need to do. Rather than, waking up at 12 in the afternoon, feeling drained, and you basically just slept half of your day away!
- Write down your goals :
It’s a good idea to write down your goals. I feel as though when I write down my goals they become more real and I become even more motivated to achieve them.
- Schedule your days :
My spouse had been telling me to schedule my days for the longest and I always brushed it off (I’m stubborn). BUT… scheduling your days is very beneficial. It’s actually really helpful to know what your plans are for that specific day, rather than just going with the flow of things. I feel when I go with the flow, I’m just busy and NOT productive at all. I’m basically doing a whole bunch of NOTHING!
- Reward yourself :
This might sound a bit silly, but I try to reward myself when I complete the work that I had to do for the day. For example, I have many different shows that I watch on Netflix, so I tell myself that I can not watch them until I am completely finished with my work. It actually works too!
Don’t let procrastination stop your dreams.