So, Ariana Grande has hit us with an amazing and very heartfelt break-up song and it’s nothing like the ones you’re used to hearing. If you’re the slightest bit confused about what I’m even talking about, then let me fill you all the way in.
Ariana has come out with a new “break-up anthem”, but it’s not exactly what you’re thinking. The song is filled with a few lessons we can all learn from. I believe she truly put her heart and soul into this song and you can definitely feel it.
The song is called “Thank you, next”, and I definitely recommend you go take a listen for yourself, but not before you finish reading this post. ☺️
I’ve listened to it more times than I’d like to admit and now I can’t get the song out of my head.
PIN IT ↓
With that being said, here is what we can all learn from the song :
1. Gratitude :
In the song, Ariana sings about how she’s so grateful for her ex and before you roll your eyes, let me explain.
Although we all aren’t joyfully singing about how grateful we are for our exes, Ariana had good reasoning behind it all.
In her lyrics, she stated “One taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain. Now, I’m so amazing.”
Even though her relationship(s) may not have worked out as planned, she learned something from each relationship. And, I’m sure that’s something we can all relate to. People come into our lives to teach us something — good or bad. However, it’s all about learning, forgiving, moving on, and being AMAZING! 🙂
So, if you’re dealing with a break-up right now Ariana can teach you a few things about taking your pain and turning into a lesson.
Now, go and be amazing!
2. Positivity :
Most break-up songs that I’m familiar with are not very empowering and uplifting as Ariana’s. She put such a loving and positive touch to this song and I’m in love with every bit of it. And, I hope you are as well.
She basically took a difficult situation and turned it into a positive life lesson that we can ALL learn from.
This is a lesson that everything doesn’t have to be negative!
3. Self-Love :
Ariana really confused a lot of people with this part. However, in the second verse of the song she sings “Plus, I met someone else, we havin’ better discussions. I know they say I move on too fast but this one gon’ last… Cause her name is Ari and I’m so good with that.
A lot of people thought she was introducing a new relationship with “Aubrey”, but she clearly said, Ari!
She was introducing a new relationship with herself and I’m so good with that as well. It’s so easy for us to lose ourselves when it comes to break-up’s, however, Ariana is finding her way + nurturing the new relationship she has started with herself and she’s teaching us to do the same.
There is beauty in every ending!You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself. Click To Tweet
PIN IT ↓
And, here are a few ways you can show yourself the love you deserve as well :
1. Spend time with yourself – I say this a lot, but when you spend time with yourself and get comfortable with being your own company you begin to learn new truths about yourself and who you are! So, whatever that looks like to you — DO IT!
2. Nurture your body – Be mindful and self-aware of what your body is in need of. Nurture your body with positive thoughts, let go of toxic things/people in your life, drink water, etc.
3. Forgive yourself – Stop being so hard on yourself. Whatever it is that you may be dealing with, forgive yourself. It’s going to be okay, I promise! 🙂
4. Take yourself on a date – You deserve it, girl! 🙂
5. Start a gratitude journal – Keep track of all the good that’s happening around and don’t forget to be grateful for yourself and the beautiful life you have.